- This event has passed.
Social Media for busy travel professionals!
Mon October 23, 2017 @ 3:00 pm - 4:00 pm EDT
Everyone says social media is important for marketing your travel practice, but nobody getting a real grip on great tactics and strategies is harder than it looks.
What is a travel professional to do? Let us tell you!
Join TRO publisher Richard Earls and two amazing travel professionals who excel at social media assist you with your transition into being a top-tier social media marketing maven.
Brianna Glenn – Brianna believes that utilizing social media as a marketing strategy is a no-brainer. Earlier this year she won Travel Age West “Trendsetter” award for best use of social media, and was recognized for her ability to use social media to grow her business and strengthen her brand.
Jill LaBarre – Jill decided to turn her passion for travel into her source of income just 5 years ago. During that short time, with a focus on social media marketing, she has developed an active database of approximately 1000 clients utilizing her vacation planning services land and sea.
Here are just a few of the topics we will discuss:
• Putting the “social” in social media. Is social media different from any other type of networking? How is it different from a networking event at the Chamber of Commerce or a social gathering in your physical community?
• How do you craft an appropriate online persona that is both effective and authentic? How do you build a solid profile and how do you find your real voice and tone?
• What does a social marketing plan look like? What are its components, what needs to be considered? Is a written plan a necessity?
• How do you choose the best platforms to use.
• What is the importance of “Boosting” posts? • Is Social Media all about marketing or sales?
• What are the important social media analytics to consider? Is calculating ROI even possible?
• What is the role of storytelling? How do images and videos contribute?
• What are the absolute “do’s and don’ts”?
• The importance of inspiration to travel oriented social media